Monday, March 11, 2013

Keto Bread






Now, I have been on a quest to find a keto friendly bread for some time. I have tried coconut bread, pure psyllium husk bread and they have all been a bit lacking. They are either too soggy, too flat or just lacking a bit. After much browsing of reddit I found this recipe which a few people had tried and had great success. I altered it a bit because I hate pumpkin seeds, and only had almond milk in the fridge. It worked pretty good, The next time I'm going to make more of an effort to shape the bread as it went a bit too wide for my toaster.

Ingredients

40g Milled Flaxseed
1tsp Baking Powder
60g Psyllium Husk Powder
120g seed mix- I used 20g linseed, 40g sunflower seeds, 20g Sesame seeds, 20g- mixed chopped nuts
3 tbsp Olive oil
100ml Unsweetened almond milk
5 eggs

1. Preheat the oven to 160 C.
2. Mix all the ingredients with an electric whisk adding the baking powder last.
3.Shape the dough into a loaf and put it into a loaf tin.
4. Bake for 55 min, until it sounds hollow when you tap the bottom.

Nutritional Information (assuming the loaf make 12 slices)
Calories 143 Kcal
Fat 11.2g
Carbs 1.0g
Fibre 5.9g
Protein 5.2g


Pro Tip: If you don't have any almond milk, you can replace it with boiling water. Just cook the bread for a little bit longer or it will sink.

1 comment: